I am so happy that we have the new Stampin’ Blends markers! They are alcohol based markers that make shading a snap! The collection can be sold as a whole set, in pairs, or per marker. There are also color lifters, Ivory, and Bronze colors to make your skin tones easy too!
I wanted to focus on a fun technique this month at club, and used them with the Stained Glass technique. It’s super simple and yields gorgeous results!
- USE the Embossing Buddy!! I usually forget using it, but for this technique, it’s a must. Rub some on the surface of the vellum.
- Next, use Versa Mark and stamp your image on the vellum.
- Use a dark or metallic embossing powder to sprinkle on top.
- Heat the powder using the heat tool.
- Choose your markers that you want to use and color on the BACK side of the vellum.
- Adhere your vellum to a light colored card stock. I used Glue Dots under the wings to keep them hidden.
I also used Washi Tape to keep the sides down and a Glue Dot on top covered by the Fresh Fig bow. I am so ready for warmer weather and pretty flowers! So, you may see a lot of bright colors and flowers coming! After this cold/flu/sick season….I am done!