I love how easy it is to make an elegant and graceful card with the Beautiful Peacock! This is one of the FREE choices from the Sale-a-bration catalog with a $50 purchase! It is a photopolymer set which makes it easy for lining up Eastern Palace DSP. I used Versa Mark and Gold embossing powder for the swirly part of the feathers.
Then, I used coordinating Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide to complete the small flower details around the feathers. Finally, I topped it off with the 1/8″ Fresh Fig ribbon!
I check my demonstrator web page a couple times a day. Yesterday they announced that there may be a backorder on some of the Stampin’ Blends. They have been super popular and they are working with the supplier to get more. Here is the list of colors to purchase or stock up today!
Bermuda Bay (Light and Dark) 144580 & 144579
Calypso Coral (Dark) 144044
Crumb Cake (Light and Dark) 144582 & 144581
Pink Pirouette (Light and Dark) 144593 & 144592
Pool Party (Light and Dark – currently on backorder)
Pumpkin Pie (Dark) 144577
Smoky Slate (Light and Dark) 144054 & 145055
I am so happy that we have the new Stampin’ Blends markers! They are alcohol based markers that make shading a snap! The collection can be sold as a whole set, in pairs, or per marker. There are also color lifters, Ivory, and Bronze colors to make your skin tones easy too!
I wanted to focus on a fun technique this month at club, and used them with the Stained Glass technique. It’s super simple and yields gorgeous results!
- USE the Embossing Buddy!! I usually forget using it, but for this technique, it’s a must. Rub some on the surface of the vellum.
- Next, use Versa Mark and stamp your image on the vellum.
- Use a dark or metallic embossing powder to sprinkle on top.
- Heat the powder using the heat tool.
- Choose your markers that you want to use and color on the BACK side of the vellum.
- Adhere your vellum to a light colored card stock. I used Glue Dots under the wings to keep them hidden.
I also used Washi Tape to keep the sides down and a Glue Dot on top covered by the Fresh Fig bow. I am so ready for warmer weather and pretty flowers! So, you may see a lot of bright colors and flowers coming! After this cold/flu/sick season….I am done!