I held a Fun Folds class today and this was one of the cards we made! I like to mix up my cards to create that WOW factor! This one was CASED from Lyssa Zwolanek’s Blog: Song of my Heart. She has great tutorials and her cards are just beautiful!! Instructions were adapted from her blog:
- 4.25×5.5 inch cardstock base (Whisper White shown here)
- 4×5.25 Night of Navy mat piece
- 4.25×11 inch cardstock strip (Night of Navy shown here)
- Simply Scored or other scoring tools
- Tear n Tape or other strong adhesive
- patterned paper of your choice (Floral Boutique shown here)
- Score the cardstock strip at 1 1/2, 5, 3, 5 1/2 and 8 inches on the long side.
- Attach the widest panel in the center of the cardstock base, using a strong adhesive since there will be a lot of tension on this piece.
Accordion-fold the rest of the strip, pressing each fold down firmly with your Bone Folder so that it will lay as flat as possible.
Decorate each panel as desired. Stagger your embellishments so they are all seen from the front when the card is closed. Here’s the measurements for the patterned paper layers:
- 4 x 2.75 inches (largest back panel)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (middle inside panel)
- 4 x 1.25 inches (outside front panel DSP)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (neutral cardstock or plain panel for writing message)
How fun would this be to get in the mail? Thought the post office may require more postage! I would also recommend to have them “hand cancel” it.
Don’t forget to check out the retirement list and the clearance rack! Earn your loyalty online rewards too! Just print the Laura’s Creative Corner Online Rewards Program and once it is full, send it to me! Visit http://www.lvenvertloh.stampinup.net to shop now!
It’s been nice relaxing a little bit over the Christmas break. I am getting ready for 2017 with this card front that has magnets on the back. I made this for my Stamp Club as one of the projects!
I loved the saying from the Fresh Fruit stamp set…and of course this Floral Boutique DSP and Floral Phrases is always a favorite! Here is how I made the diagonal cut and stamped behind the calendar.
Sorry for the off color picture. I then cut a 4″x4″ square of the Floral Boutique DSP using the following steps:
I hope that makes sense. I am also having the girls at the Cancer Support Community of North Texas make this as well. I am also going to make another card to match the calendar for them. I was excited that they wanted me to come back once a month!
2016 has been rough, but I am thankful for the lessons that it taught me. I am vowing to appreciate life, family, and to give back to others who are in the battle with cancer! What are your resolutions?
If you are local, I have 2 spots left in my Thursday night club. Also, if you don’t have a new Occasions Catalog & Sale-a-bration catalog, let me know!
This was the technique for my September club. I love that it makes the card so elegant! I had to use the Floral Phrases too! It’s just such a pretty set and the paper is just gorgeous!
- Cut a piece of DSP and cut it to 8 3/8″x 3″
- Score at 3″, 4″, 6″, & 7″
- Mark the 3″ score line so you can line that up with the track of the cutter
- On your Stampin up Trimmer, line up the corner of the top left (landscape orientation) of piece of the DSP to the 1″. Then cut the diagonal piece.
- Fold in a peak and valley fashion and adhere the pleats together. I used a dimensional to keep the pleats more pronounced.
I have a loyalty rewards program too! Click Laura’s Creative Corner Online Rewards Program to print yours now!
Here are the items for the week of September 8-14: special-offers-us
Thanks for stopping by!