I held a Fun Folds class today and this was one of the cards we made! I like to mix up my cards to create that WOW factor! This one was CASED from Lyssa Zwolanek’s Blog: Song of my Heart. She has great tutorials and her cards are just beautiful!! Instructions were adapted from her blog:
- 4.25×5.5 inch cardstock base (Whisper White shown here)
- 4×5.25 Night of Navy mat piece
- 4.25×11 inch cardstock strip (Night of Navy shown here)
- Simply Scored or other scoring tools
- Tear n Tape or other strong adhesive
- patterned paper of your choice (Floral Boutique shown here)
- Score the cardstock strip at 1 1/2, 5, 3, 5 1/2 and 8 inches on the long side.
- Attach the widest panel in the center of the cardstock base, using a strong adhesive since there will be a lot of tension on this piece.
Accordion-fold the rest of the strip, pressing each fold down firmly with your Bone Folder so that it will lay as flat as possible.
Decorate each panel as desired. Stagger your embellishments so they are all seen from the front when the card is closed. Here’s the measurements for the patterned paper layers:
- 4 x 2.75 inches (largest back panel)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (middle inside panel)
- 4 x 1.25 inches (outside front panel DSP)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (neutral cardstock or plain panel for writing message)
How fun would this be to get in the mail? Thought the post office may require more postage! I would also recommend to have them “hand cancel” it.
Don’t forget to check out the retirement list and the clearance rack! Earn your loyalty online rewards too! Just print the Laura’s Creative Corner Online Rewards Program and once it is full, send it to me! Visit http://www.lvenvertloh.stampinup.net to shop now!