I held a Fun Folds class today and this was one of the cards we made! I like to mix up my cards to create that WOW factor! This one was CASED from Lyssa Zwolanek’s Blog: Song of my Heart. She has great tutorials and her cards are just beautiful!! Instructions were adapted from her blog:
- 4.25×5.5 inch cardstock base (Whisper White shown here)
- 4×5.25 Night of Navy mat piece
- 4.25×11 inch cardstock strip (Night of Navy shown here)
- Simply Scored or other scoring tools
- Tear n Tape or other strong adhesive
- patterned paper of your choice (Floral Boutique shown here)
- Score the cardstock strip at 1 1/2, 5, 3, 5 1/2 and 8 inches on the long side.
- Attach the widest panel in the center of the cardstock base, using a strong adhesive since there will be a lot of tension on this piece.
Accordion-fold the rest of the strip, pressing each fold down firmly with your Bone Folder so that it will lay as flat as possible.
Decorate each panel as desired. Stagger your embellishments so they are all seen from the front when the card is closed. Here’s the measurements for the patterned paper layers:
- 4 x 2.75 inches (largest back panel)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (middle inside panel)
- 4 x 1.25 inches (outside front panel DSP)
- 4 x 2.25 inches (neutral cardstock or plain panel for writing message)
How fun would this be to get in the mail? Thought the post office may require more postage! I would also recommend to have them “hand cancel” it.
Don’t forget to check out the retirement list and the clearance rack! Earn your loyalty online rewards too! Just print the Laura’s Creative Corner Online Rewards Program and once it is full, send it to me! Visit http://www.lvenvertloh.stampinup.net to shop now!
The Floral Boutique Suite in the new Stampin’ Up! catalog stopped me in my tracks! There is so many possibilities with the Floral Phrases stamp set by itself! But then you pair it with the amazing Detailed Floral Thinlit dies and wow!!! I have a stamp a stack of all occasion cards this weekend and this is one of the cards! The Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper reminds me of those cobalt blue china plates! Love them!
The inside looks great too with the border stamp and the sentiment!
I made this one very quickly! I cut a normal card base to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4-then folded in half. I then cut 3/4″ off one side. Added a strip of the DSP, stamped the image, and added the Thick Baker’s Twine! I am sure this will not be the last of this set!
The suite also has yummy washi tape to coordinate too! Click on “shop now” above to get yours now!
Did you get everything you want from the new annual catalog yet? Since it came out only a month ago, you probably still have some items on your wish list, and we have some great news for you! For every $50 USD/$60 CAD you spend in between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 USD/$6 CAD Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 2-31. This is a great opportunity to shop from your wish list, whether you buy your favorite products now or later in August with your coupons!
• Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
• Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
• An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
• It is strongly recommended that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be resent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
• Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.