I fell in love with the special edition Host set from last month! Merry Patterns is a stunning set that you can create several different scenes with one set. And it has great 2-step stamping! The deer in the sweater is my favorite! I decided to use silver embossing powder to create his image. It’s paired with the Year of Cheer specialty DSP, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Grey. Just gives you a cold and wintery feel!
Be sure to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin by tomorrow, November 10th! I can’t wait to see the coordinating project kit that comes this month! Click on Laura’s Paper Pumpkin site to subscribe! Or choose a gift subscription of 1, 3, 6, or 12 months for the crafter in your life!
I have seen so many of these cute eclipse cards! I finally had to make one! This is the technique for my November’s stamp club! It’s super simple too!
You will need the Large Letter Framelits to make this card. (You can also use any bold image dies as well.) I am a person who likes to eyeball placement of dies, so using the Magnetic Platform make this a snap! I knew right away that I wanted to use this wonderful Year of Cheer Specialty DSP! I just love the thickness of the paper and the beautiful foil images. Another benefit of this DSP is that you get 3 pieces of each of the 4 designs (single sided designs). It’s great for making bags, boxes, cards, and tags too!
- Line up your letter dies on the DSP or pre-stamped paper.
- Run them through the Big Shot and carefully remove them from the dies if needed.
- A dark background is preferred to create the shadow effect. I placed Basic Grey behind my DSP with the letters cut out.
- Mount the DSP/Mat piece to the card base. I used Dimensionals to give my ribbon some room in the back of the mat.
- Place Foam Strips on the back of the letters and them right over the cut out letters.
- A little ribbon and it’s done!
I can’t wait to make some signs with this technique too! Just think of the cute gifts you can create with this technique!
There are 5 days left to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin for the coordinating kit from October. Click on Laura V’s Paper Pumpkin to subscribe now! Look how cute this one is! It’s sold out unfortunately. But you can get the next one that coordinates with it!