This was one of the techniques that came to mind when I first saw the Colorful Seasons bundle! Faux Linen was one of the very first cards I made over 9 years ago! I am surprised that it’s taken me this long to do that technique again! We made this card for our stamp club this month! Super simple!!
- Use a neutral or light color card stock for your base. I used Soft Sky in this photo.
- Take a piece of tissue that you use for gift wrapping. Stamp desired images on it. Then wad it up one to two times and flatten it out. I chose not to stamp on the tissue here.
- Use your Tombo Multi Purpose glue and apply to the whole card base using a sponge piece. (I store mine in a baggie to keep it moist).
- Gently use your fingers to lay your tissue down and smooth out most of the wrinkles. You want some. (Elmer’s glue works too, but it tears the tissue easily).
- Let dry and attach to your card!
I was able to stamp the sentiment directly on it when it was dry. I also used the Fine Tip Glue pen to attach the branch. Then I used Glue Dots to adhere the flowers together. There is a whole piece and a detailed piece to make 3 different flowers.
I then used a blender pen with Berry Burst to color the centers. A pearl added the finishing touch!
Hope you enjoued this card as much as I did making it! LOVE cherry blossoms! You can order this and other items at my website! Remember to get your loyalty rewards too! Any order of $150 or more is eligible for host benefits!